Lehigh Valley Business Online

Lehigh Valley Accountants, CPA's, Accounting Firms

    A certified public accountant is licensed by his or her state and provides auditing services to the general public. Most CPA firms also offer accounting, tax, litigation services, and other financial advisory services. CPA requirements for a CPA license vary from state to state. CPA candidates are required to pass the Uniform Certified Public Accountant examination. This examination is required by all states.

    Accountants can be Certified Public Accountants CPA's, or Certified Internal Auditors CIA's", or Certified Management Accountants CMA's or Accredited Business Accountants ABA's. The difference between a CPA, CMA, CIA, or ABA certification is largely the legal status and the types of services provided by the accountant.

Cruz Accounting Services Inc. - (610) 861-7353
    1433 Stefko Blvd., Bethlehem, PA.
    Individual and business accounting serving the Lehigh Valley area. Payroll preparation, tax returns, bookkeeping. QuickBooks.

Concannon & Miller Co. PC - (610) 433-5501
    1525 Valley Center Parkway, Bethlehem, PA.
    Certified public accountants and business consultants serving the Lehigh Valley.

William G. Lund CPA - (610) 865-6003
    1012 W. Broad Street, Bethlehem, PA.
    Complete accounting and income tax services for businesses. Business is Located in the Lehigh Valley.
    Income tax planning and preparation for individuals.

Tax Tips
Common Errors When Preparing Your Tax Return - You don't have to be an accountant or CPA working in an accounting firm:

• Did you use the peel-off label and enter any corrections? If you used the label, did you enter your social security number in the space provided?

• If you do not have a label, or there are too many corrections, did you clearly print your name, social security number, and address, including zip code directly on your return?

• Did you enter the names and social security numbers for yourself, your spouse, your dependents, and qualifying children for earned income credit or child tax credit, exactly as they appear on the social security cards? If there have been any name changes be sure to contact the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213.

• Did you check only one filing status?

• Did you check the appropriate exemption boxes and enter the names and social security numbers exactly as they appear on the Social Security Card, for all of the dependents claimed? Is the total number of exemptions entered? Be accurate as if you were an accountant or some big accounting firm.

• Did you enter income, deductions, and credits on the correct lines and are the totals correct?

• If you show a negative amount on your return, did you put brackets around it? Fill out your return like you were a CPA or accounting firm.

• If you are taking the standard deduction and checked any box indicating either you or your spouse were age 65 or older or blind, did you find the correct standard deduction to enter on line 24 of Form 1040A or line 38 of Form 1040

• Did you figure the tax correctly? If you used the tax tables , did you use the correct column for your filing status?

• Did you sign and date the return? If it is a joint return, did your spouse also sign and date the return? Remember you are filling it out not some CPA or accounting firm.

• Do you have a Form W-2 from all of your employers and did you attach Copy B of each to your return? File only one return, even if you have more than one job. Combine the wages and withholding from all Form W-2's, on one return.

• Did you attach any Form 1099-R that shows tax withheld? Be like the pros, the accountants or accounting firms that do tax returns throughout the year.

• Did you attach all other necessary schedules and forms in sequence number order given in the upper right-hand corner?

• If you owe tax, did you enclose a check or money order with the return and write your social security number, tax form, and tax year on the payment? Refer to Tax Topic 158 for more information, and

• Did you make a copy of the signed return and all schedules for your records? A few of the most common errors are:

• Incorrect or missing social security numbers.

• Incorrect tax entered from the tables.

• Computation errors in figuring the child and dependent care credit or the earned income credit. Also, missing or incorrect identification numbers for child care providers.

• Withholding and estimated tax payments entered on the wrong line.

• Math Errors. Both addition and subtraction. It is important that you review your entire return because any errors may delay the processing of your return. Think like an accountant or CPA.

Full - Lehigh Valley Business Directory     Lehigh Valley Business Online Twitter Twitter